Toyota Land Cruiser, Amazon, Lexus LX470
+ Identification numbers of the car
+ Governing bodies and methods of safe operation of the car
+ Settings and routine maintenance of the car
+ Cooling systems of the engine, heating of salon and air conditioning
+ A power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Control systems of the engine and decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases
+ Gear shifting box
+ Transmission line
- Brake system
System of anti-blocking of brakes (ABS) - the general information and codes of malfunctions
Replacement of brake shoes
Removal and installation of supports of disk brake mechanisms
Check of a state, removal and installation of a brake disk
Removal and installation of the main brake cylinder (MBC)
Check of a state and replacement of brake lines and hoses
Sensitive to loading / перепускной valve (LSP & BP)
Adjustment of the parking brake
Replacement of cables of the drive of the parking brake
Check of serviceability of functioning / tightness, removal and installation of the amplifier of brakes
Pumping of the brake system
Adjustment of a pedal of a foot brake
Check of serviceability of functioning and replacement of the sensor switch of stoplights
Sensors and activator of the ABS system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Sensors and activator of the ABS system
Sensors of the speed (VSS) of the ABS system
Check of system
The described below procedure is carried out on the moving car, having transferred system to diagnostics mode. At the same time the ABS system will not work, it will be necessary to work only the ordinary brake system.
|1. Turn the ignition key in position of OFF. Check battery tension. It should not be lower than 12B.
2. Having included ignition be convinced that the control lamp of ABS on the dashboard flashed for 3 seconds and went out. Turn the ignition key in position of OFF.
3. Crossing points connect among themselves all three conclusions of the CU, Ts and E1 on the DLC1 socket.
4. Cock the parking brake and start the engine, without pressing a brake pedal. Pressing a pedal either cancels check or will enter the wrong code of malfunction.
5. The control lamp on the dashboard has to light up 4 times a second. If the control lamp indicates a malfunction code, malfunction needs to be eliminated, and to erase its code before continuing check. If the lamp does not light up, check a condition of the sensor of a stoplight on betrayed brakes, the DLC1 socket and its conducting to ECU of the ABS system.
6. For check of level of a signal of the sensor release the parking brake and sweep directly at a small speed. At achievement of the speed of 3 - 8 km/h the lamp has to go out. Having gone out, the lamp will start over again blinking if the speed of the car goes beyond the specified limits. It means that the system functions normally. If there are no flashes, the system is faulty.
7. Check change of a signal, having come out to the road. At achievement of the speed of 40 - 50 km/h through a second pause the lamp has to light up. As before, at an exit from this range of speeds the lamp has to go out. Otherwise the system is faulty.
8. Stop the car in the safe place and completely cock the parking emergency brake. Consider the codes of malfunctions registered by system.
At the gone-out lamp do not subject the car to sharp dispersals and braking.
9. Turn the ignition key in position of OFF and remove a crossing point from the DLC1 socket.
Check of sensors
Forward VSS of the ABS system
Back VSS of the ABS system
|1. Disconnect the socket of the wheel ABS sensor (address illustrations above).
2. Measure resistance between conclusions 1 and 2. It has to make 0.97 – 1.77 kOhm for forward and 0.5 – 1.6 kOhm – for the back sensor.
3. If resistance differs from ordered, replace the sensor.
4. Check lack of short circuit between conclusions and the case. If isolation is broken, replace the sensor.
5. Attach the socket of conducting of the sensor.
6. Check installation of the sensor. The weakened bolt of fastening tighten 8 Nanometers with effort.
7. Remove a nave with a rotor. Be convinced of absence of damage of teeth of a rotor. If it is necessary, replace a rotor.
To avoid damages, you do not knock on a rotor and a nave the hammer.
Removal and installation
|1. Disconnect conducting of the sensor from the block and give bolts of collars of fastening of conducting to a frame, the top lever and a rotary fist (the forward sensor) or the fuel tank (the back sensor).
2. Remove the sensor.
Old fastenings you will throw out.
3. Installation is made upside-down. Tighten fixture of the sensor and its conducting with the required effort.
Check of the sensor of delay
The described below procedure is carried out not the moving car, having transferred system to diagnostics mode. At the same time the ABS system will not work, it will be necessary to work only the ordinary brake system.
|1. Turn the ignition key in position of OFF. Check tension on battery plugs which should not be lower than 12B.
2. Include ignition. Make sure that the control lamp of ABS was lit for couple of seconds and went out. Turn the ignition key in position of OFF.
3. A crossing point close conclusions of E1 and Ts of the DLC1 socket.
4. Completely cock the parking brake, press a pedal of a brake and start the engine.
5. After a while the control lamp of ABS has to start blinking with a frequency of 4 flashes a second.
6. Accelerate the car on the flat road to speed not less than 45 km/h. If the system is serviceable, the control lamp has to go out.
7. After a car stop, the control lamp has to start blinking. Connect a crossing point conclusions of the CU and E1 of the DLC1 socket and count the number of flashes of a lamp of ABS.
8. If the lamp lights up more often than two times a second, means there is the first code of malfunction.
9. Turn the ignition key in position of OFF. Eliminate malfunction.
10. Remove crossing points from conclusions of the diagnostic socket.
Removal and installation of the activator
The activator installed on ECU of the ABS system
|1. Disconnect brake tubes and stop up them. Disconnect the ABS socket from the activator (address illustrations above).
2. Give bolts and nuts of fastening and remove the activator from the car.
3. Dismantle the block from an arm.
4. Installation is made upside-down. Tighten fixture with the required effort.