Toyota Land Cruiser, Amazon, Lexus LX470
+ Identification numbers of the car
+ Governing bodies and methods of safe operation of the car
- Settings and routine maintenance of the car
Schedule of routine maintenance
General information about settings and adjustments
Check of levels of liquids
Check of a condition of tires and pressure of their rating
Check of level of the AT working liquid
Check of level of liquid of the power steering
Replacement of motive oil and oil filter
Check, service and charging of a battery room
Check of a condition of components of the cooling system
Check of a state and replacement of the hoses located in a motive compartment
Check of a state and replacement of brushes of screen wipers
Rotation of wheels
Check of a condition of components of a suspension bracket and steering drive
Greasing of components of the chassis
Check of a condition of components of system of production of the fulfilled gases
Check of level of lubricant in the transfer case
Check of level of lubricant of differential
Check of a condition of seat belts
Check and adjustment of turns of idling
Check of a condition of protective covers of power shafts
Check and replacement of the valve of system of the operated ventilation of a case (PCV)
Replacement of the filtering air cleaner element
Check of a state, adjustment of effort of a tension and replacement of driving belts
Check of a condition of components of a power supply system
Check of the brake system
Adjustment of height of situation and free wheeling of a pedal of a brake
Check of a state and replacement of spark plugs (petrol engines)
Check and adjustment of gaps of valves
Replacement of the fuel filter
Check and service of the conditioner of air (K/V)
Service of the cooling system
Check of a state, stuffing by lubricant and adjustment of forward naves and wheel bearings
Replacement of ATF of automatic transmission and main transfer
Replacement of lubricant of the transfer case
Differential lubricant replacement
Check of a condition of components of system of catching of fuel evaporations
Check of serviceability of a condition of components of system of recirculation of the fulfilled gases (EGR)
+ Cooling systems of the engine, heating of salon and air conditioning
+ A power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Control systems of the engine and decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases
+ Gear shifting box
+ Transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Check of the brake system
Remember that the dust produced when functioning brake mechanisms may contain extremely unhealthy asbestos of the person. Do not blow off dust compressed air at all and do not inhale it, at service of mechanisms put on a protective mask or a respirator. Do not use gasoline for rubbing of components of the brake system at all or solvents on an oil basis apply only company cleaners or methyl alcohol! Try to use when replacing blocks only the components which are not containing asbestos.
| 1. The condition of components of the brake system, besides the regular, stipulated schedule of routine maintenance, checks, has to be estimated every time at removal of wheels or at emergence of signs of violation of functioning of system. Blocks of disk brake mechanisms are usually equipped with the special indicators notifying on excessive wear of frictional slips characteristic squeal when braking. The listed below symptoms can be a sign of malfunction of components of brake mechanisms:
- When braking the car loses course stability (there is a withdrawal in one of the parties);
- During braking brake mechanisms publish squeal or a scratch;
- Excessively the brake pedal course increases;
- When squeezing a brake pedal pulsations are felt;
- Traces of leak of brake fluid take place (usually on an internal surface of disks of wheels and tires).
2. Weaken nuts of fastening of wheels.
3. The car also establish to Poddomkratta it on props.
4. Remove wheels.
Disk brake mechanisms of forward and back wheels
2. Assessment of residual thickness of a frictional overlay of an internal block is made visually through the observation port mentioned above. If slips are worn-out over an admissible limit (see Specifications), it is necessary to make complex replacement of brake shoes.
|1. The support of each of brake mechanisms is equipped with two blocks, internal and external. End faces of blocks are well looked through through a special observation port in the support case (address accompanying illustrations) after removal of a wheel.
3. If visually to estimate the residual thickness of slips it appears difficult, or there is a need for more detailed survey of blocks, remove a support(s) and take blocks for more detailed studying (see the Head the Brake system).
Remember that frictional overlays of a priklepana or are pasted to a metal substrate which thickness should not be considered at measurement.
4. After blocks are taken from a support, clear them by means of special means and measure the residual thickness of slips by means of a ruler or a caliper with a vernier scale.
5. Measure by a micrometer thickness of brake disks. Compare results of measurements to standard requirements (see Specifications). If thickness any of disks leaves abroad admissible range, replace it (see the Head the Brake system). If thickness of a disk is normal, check its general state. Pay attention to such defects as deep scratches, furrows, teases, overheat traces, etc., in case of need remove a disk and send him to a pro-point (see the Head the Brake system).
|6. Before establishing to the place of a wheel, examine all brake lines on existence of signs of damages, wear, destruction as a result of aging of material, traces of leaks, bends, twisting and other deformations (in particular near points of connection of flexible brake hoses to supports of brake mechanisms) (address an accompanying illustration). Check reliability of fastening of hoses collars. Make sure that any of brake hoses do not adjoin to acute angles of the components of a body, system of production of the fulfilled gases located in the neighbourhood or suspension brackets (at any provisions of a steering wheel). In case of need make the corresponding repair or correct a route of laying of lines. Replace defective components (see the Head the Brake system).
| 1. Check of serviceability of functioning of the vacuum amplifier of brakes is made from the driver's place.
2. At completely squeezed out pedal of a foot brake start the engine, the pedal has to fail a little more.
3. At the working engine several times squeeze out a pedal of a foot brake. The size of the course of a pedal has to remain a constant.
4. Squeeze out a pedal, kill the engine and continue to hold a pedal pressed within about 30 more seconds during which it should not neither fail below, nor rise.
5. Again start the engine, let's it work for about a minute, then again muffle. Again several times firmly squeeze out a pedal, – the size of the course has to be reduced with each muscleman.
6. In case of negative result of the described check the servo-driver of the vacuum amplifier of brakes is subject to recovery repair or replacement (see the Head the Brake system).
| 1. Slowly pull a control lever of the parking brake up to the end of its course and count the number of clicks of a ratchet. Compare result of calculation to requirements of Specifications. In case of need make the corresponding adjustment (see the Head the Brake system).
2. Alternatively assessment of serviceability of functioning of the parking brake can be made by way of the parking of the car on the section of the road and fixing going under a bias its not movably parking brake at neutral position of the transmission. If the brake does not hold the car at raising of its lever on the required number of clicks, it is necessary to make adjustment.