Toyota Land Cruiser, Amazon, Lexus LX470
+ Identification numbers of the car
+ Governing bodies and methods of safe operation of the car
- Settings and routine maintenance of the car
Schedule of routine maintenance
General information about settings and adjustments
Check of levels of liquids
Check of a condition of tires and pressure of their rating
Check of level of the AT working liquid
Check of level of liquid of the power steering
Replacement of motive oil and oil filter
Check, service and charging of a battery room
Check of a condition of components of the cooling system
Check of a state and replacement of the hoses located in a motive compartment
Check of a state and replacement of brushes of screen wipers
Rotation of wheels
Check of a condition of components of a suspension bracket and steering drive
Greasing of components of the chassis
Check of a condition of components of system of production of the fulfilled gases
Check of level of lubricant in the transfer case
Check of level of lubricant of differential
Check of a condition of seat belts
Check and adjustment of turns of idling
Check of a condition of protective covers of power shafts
Check and replacement of the valve of system of the operated ventilation of a case (PCV)
Replacement of the filtering air cleaner element
Check of a state, adjustment of effort of a tension and replacement of driving belts
Check of a condition of components of a power supply system
Check of the brake system
Adjustment of height of situation and free wheeling of a pedal of a brake
Check of a state and replacement of spark plugs (petrol engines)
Check and adjustment of gaps of valves
Replacement of the fuel filter
Check and service of the conditioner of air (K/V)
Service of the cooling system
Check of a state, stuffing by lubricant and adjustment of forward naves and wheel bearings
Replacement of ATF of automatic transmission and main transfer
Replacement of lubricant of the transfer case
Differential lubricant replacement
Check of a condition of components of system of catching of fuel evaporations
Check of serviceability of a condition of components of system of recirculation of the fulfilled gases (EGR)
+ Cooling systems of the engine, heating of salon and air conditioning
+ A power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Control systems of the engine and decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases
+ Gear shifting box
+ Transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Service of the cooling system
Do not allow hit of antifreeze on open parts of the body and the painted surfaces of the car. Immediately wash away casual splashes a plentiful amount of water. Remember that antifreeze is extremely toxic liquid and its hit in an organism even in small amounts is fraught with the most serious consequences (up to a lethal outcome). Never leave antifreeze stored in leaky closed container and immediately collect the cooling liquid spilled on a floor. Remember that the sweetish smell of antifreeze can draw to itself attention of children and animals. About ways utilization of the fulfilled cooling liquid consult with local authorities. In many regions of the world special points on different reception of working off are equipped. Do not merge old cooling liquid in the sewerage and on the earth at all!
Recently nontoxical grades of antifreeze were developed, however they also demand care in the address.
Regularly, according to the schedule of routine maintenance of the car (see the Section Schedule of Routine Maintenance), the cooling system has to be emptied, washed out and be filled with fresh mix of antifreeze with water. Such service allows to prevent development of corrosion in a cooling path and considerably increases efficiency of functioning of system.
During service also the condition of all hoses of system and a cover of a jellied mouth of a radiator without fail has to be checked (see the Section Check of a Condition of Components of the Cooling System). Defective components are subject to replacement. Do not forget about precautionary measures which have to be observed at service of the cooling system (see the prevention at the beginning of the Section). Remember that the fulfilled cooling liquid is subject to utilization and should not merge in the sewerage at all.
|1. Cock the parking brake and prop up wheels antiretractable boots. It is necessary to start direct performing procedures of service only after full cooling of the engine, i.e., several hours later after end of a trip.
2. Get drain capacity under discharge of a radiator, – the drain gate is located on a wall of the lower tank. Pull a piece of a hose with a diameter about 9.5 mm which second end lower in the prepared capacity on the gate. Open the gate, – in case of need use flat-nose pliers.
3. Having waited for final cooling of the engine, uncover a jellied mouth and wait for full depletion of a radiator. Move drain capacity under the drain gate of the block and produce cooling liquid from the engine.
4. Check a condition of hoses of a cooling path and collars of their fastening (see the Section Check of a Condition of Components of the Cooling System).
If after opening of the gate liquid does not begin to merge, clean an opening the small screw-driver.
|1. Having completely emptied system, wash out a radiator continue by the clear water pumped from a garden hose washing until the pure transparent stream does not begin to follow from the top hose.
2. In cases of especially strong pollution or violation of passability of a radiator, remove the last (see the Head of the Cooling system of the engine, heating of salon and air conditioning) and bring him for recovery repair and service in a workshop of car service. Products of corrosion and dense deposits are removed from a path of the cooling system by chemical processing, – follow instructions of manufacturers of the cleaner acquired by you.
3. Disconnect an overflow hose from a broad tank and wash out the last clear water. Again connect a hose.
At regular performing procedures of washing of system and replacement of cooling liquid need for carrying out chemical processing of a path should not arise.
4. Periodically delete the stuck foreign objects outside of a radiator.
|1. Tighten drain gates.
2. Transfer the handle of management of system of heating of salon to the maximum heating.
3. Slowly fill in the fresh, made in a proportion 1:1 mix of antifreeze with water in a radiator. Continue filling until the level of liquid does not rise to the lower cut of a jellied mouth. Add cooling liquid in a broad tank, having brought its level to the lower mark in a tank wall. Wait five minutes and double-check the level of cooling liquid in a radiator, in case of need make adjustment.
4. Without establishing a cover on a radiator, start the engine and warm up it before opening of the valve of the thermostat (liquid has to begin to circulate through a radiator, at the same time there will be a warming up of the top hose of the last).
5. Kill the engine and let's it cool down. Add a little more liquid in a radiator, having brought its level to the lower cut of a jellied mouth.
6. By tightening of the top hose of a radiator let out from it the air, in case of need add a little more cooling liquid. Establish into place a radiator cover.
7. Transfer the handle of management of system of heating of salon to the maximum heating, turn on the heater fan on the maximum speed.
8. Start the engine, warm up it up to the normal working temperature and check system for existence of signs of leaks.
9. Overheating of the unit demonstrates existence in a cooling path of air traffic jams. Kill the engine and let's it cool down, – air has to leave a path automatically. Repeating the procedure, achieve the required temperature condition of the working engine.